I have developed a routine when GMod breaks.
- Wake up, see all the messages on twitter and email
- Post on twitter acknowledging
- Get out of bed and test it to make sure it’s broke
- Post details on garrysmod.com
- Shower, head to the office
- Double sausage and egg mcmuffin on the way
- Download Valve’s latest code
- Merge it with GMod’s code
- Compile & test
- If it doesn’t work make it work
- Compile for linux and mac
- Build depots
- Upload depots
- Announce update
I think I’ve got it down to an art now. I know that even if I finish the patch within an hour it will still be about 7 hours until Valve will wake up and be able to push it out anyway.. so I tend to just take my time and enjoy it nowadays.